This leak won’t make any headlines: there is nothing scandalous in the outline below, no one will lose their jobs, leave the church, or stage a religious coup.
At the same time, I think there are interesting observations that can be made from reading these notes; who knows, maybe even some valuable ones.
Subject: Ways to Inspire our Congregation
- Communicate a clear vision
- Attitude of leadership
- Proper training of volunteers
- Leaders exemplifying unity
Subject: Things to address A.S.A.P.
- Communication – Public Relations
- Assimilation – Bringing the crowd into the core
- Proper signage throughout the facilities (directive)
- Ways we assimilate information presently
- From the platform
- On the overhead screen
- Weekly church bulletin
- Wednesday pm Life Groups
- Information posters in the foyer
- Limited use of Emails, FB page, Web-site
- Getting present leaders trained and connected
- Identifying and raising up leadership to serve
- Having ongoing leadership meetings to assimilate information, to encourage, addressing and solving problems, to meet present needs, etc.
- Present method is not relevant
- Need a strong leader
- What are your initial thoughts after reading this agenda? Are you surprised at anything? If so, what and why?
- If you go to church and this was your leaderships’ agenda, how would you feel?
- If you are on a church staff, have you been to this meeting? How many times?
- If you are a pastor, have you written this agenda and led this meeting? How’s it going?
- If you regularly go to a church staff meeting, how would you feel if your agenda and meeting notes were made public?
- If you don’t attend church, what do you think of this published agenda?