‘The Light That Shines’ a story of Jill Brzezinski Conley

03 Feb, 2013

Two photographer friends shared this amazing story with me today. If you wonder why I’ve taken the plunge into breast cancer Warrior and Survivor photography, well, this should help you understand. Jill is facing an outcome that she has very little control of, yet her spirit and her life are shining very, very brightly. Her story is raw, but oh so beautiful.

If you know anyone in the southern Idaho, eastern Oregon area that would benefit from pre or post operation breast cancer portraits, please let them know Jamie and I would be very happy to serve them.

262043_435707996492622_548818999_n

1. Ang says:

Thanks for sharing this. And thank you for what you are doing. After cancer has touched your life, you will never be the same.

2. Stephanie says:

Hey Chad! You might want to add a disclaimer. I had to quit watching after three minutes. Call it cowardice…but I do better not hearing stories of women who have had a recurrence. It's a possibility that I always have to face and a fear I always have to battle. I wish I were braver but hearing the stories of these courageous women makes the possibility that much more real and the fear that much more intense. It's like the people who always want to share with me their stories of people they know who had cancer and lost the battle. It knocks the wind out of me.

• Chad Estes says:

Hi Stephanie, thank you for your always appreciated input. I would hardly call you a coward – your life and faith inspire me and you know you have won my heart. I have adjusted the into a bit to try and give more disclaimer. I do realize there are some, like you, who do not need the inspiration of Jill\’s story right now, but I think the majority of people will benefit from her very courageous life. Let me know if you have any additional feedback,
      Chad

3. Stephanie says:

Thanks for being so understanding, as always! I'm sure most will benefit from her story. I know it is difficult to be sensitive to everyone's different responses, but I do read most of what you post…so a little heads up is always appreciated.

4. Sherry says:

I am a survivor, and I didn't feel there was a need for any disclaimer. Knowing that I need to continue to be just as diligent about my health and the changes in my body after remission is just as important as ever! Sharing this story makes my testimony that I continually share of early detection so very important! May I have permission to share this with a group that raises funds for early detection promotion, research and support? Thank you so much for sharing this! How is Jill? Do you know how I may contact her?

5. cheryl parker says:

TO ALL I KNOW AND LOVE—-AND LOVED—–

I WANT TO SHARE AN AMAZING VIDEO THAT WILL WITHOUT A
    DOUBT BE THE BEST YOU HAVE EVER SEEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA. IT WILL LEAVE YOU SPEECHLESS. I WANT TO SEND THIS TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD! !PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU LOVE AND KNOW— IT WILL MATTER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN EVERYONES LIFE!

6. Savana says:

I LOVED this video! It gave me goosebumps. Not only are the images captured beautiful, but of even more is the woman and the strength she possesses to not only fight but also smile and bring light!